What helps the baby while teething? When babies get their teeth, it is often a hard time for parents and children. Pain, pressure and itching in the jaw torment the little ones and make them restless and whining. But there are a few ways to make it easier for your little darling to go through this awkward phase. Read here what you can do and what helps with teething.
The baby is teething - what to do?
What helps my child teething? This question has been asked by generations of parents. The following methods and remedies promise help with teething.
- Chew: Chewing and teething rings or - depending on age - also vegetable sticks or violet root are an aid in teething. They massage the gums and stimulate the breaking of the first teeth.
- CoolA cold spoon from the fridge, teethers with cooling elements or tinctures with a cooling effect - even cold relieves and helps with teething.
- Zahnungsgel (without sugar, alcohol and menthol!): Ingredients such as mallow extract, chamomile or panthenol have a calming effect on the irritated gums.
- Herbal tinctures: Anti-inflammatory and analgesic teas, such as sage or chamomile tea can be dabbed with the cotton swab on the gums.
- homeopathy: Depending on the symptoms, different globules should also facilitate the time of teething.
- Amber Necklace: Some rely on the power of stones when teething. Scientifically proven is not that helps. In the case of cuddles with stone pendants, there is a risk of strangulation, so do not put it around your neck!
- Fever and pain medication are usually not necessary when teething. They should always be used reluctantly in the first year of life.
Teething babies, that usually goes without complications. However, if your child has severe pain and high fever, a pediatrician must clarify the cause.Diarrhea in baby and toddler diarrhea can be dangerous for the youngest. In the video you will learn how to recognize an emergency situation and provide first aid. Diarrhea can be dangerous for the youngest. In the video you will learn how to recognize an emergency situation and provide first aid.
If the baby can not sleep while teething
The baby is teething and not sleeping - what to do? When the baby is teething, it usually does not sleep well. Especially at night, the breakthrough of teeth can rob children and parents to sleep.
If your child is restless and crying during the night because of teething - or for other reasons - you should not leave it alone in this situation. Take turns with the partner and console him.
If teething does not help your baby sleep, you can try to relieve him with the gentle remedies mentioned above. Every night, a cervix for dental problems is not a solution. Ultimately, it's just patience which helps with teething, and the knowledge that this phase also ends sometime.