ICD codes for this disease: ICD codes are internationally valid medical diagnosis codes. They are found e.g. in medical reports or on incapacity certificates. T67ArtikelübersichtHitzschlag
- Quick Overview
- What to do?
- Symptoms and risks
- When to the doctor?
- Examinations at the doctor
- Treatment by the doctor
- Prevent heat stroke and heat collapse
- What to do in case of heat stroke and heat collapse? Remove affected persons from the heat / sun, store flat (with raised legs), cool (eg with damp cloths), give fluid if the affected person does not vomit; stable lateral position in unconsciousness; Resuscitation during respiratory arrest
- Heat stroke and heat collapse - risks: u. a. Drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, circulatory collapse with unconsciousness
- When to the doctor? Since the condition can quickly worsen when heat stroke, always call the ambulance. In case of heat collapse, a doctor is necessary if the symptoms intensify and / or the person becomes unconscious.
- Do not leave people with (suspected) heat stroke or heat collapse alone. Especially in the case of a heat stroke, the condition of the person affected can suddenly worsen!
- To reduce body temperature, never place ice packs directly on the affected person's skin, but always with a cloth in between (danger of frostbite!).
- Do not give sufferers alcohol to drink.
Heat stroke and heat collapse: what to do?
You should react quickly in both cases. However, especially important is the first aid in case of heat stroke, because the condition of the person affected can quickly become life-threatening.